Hoover Christian School welcomes you. Hoover Christian School (HCS) was founded in 1947 as Brakeworth Adventist School and was located in west Birmingham, Alabama, on Tuscaloosa Avenue. Here a Christian education in a Seventh-day Adventist environment for grades 1–8 was provided. In the 1970s, Brakeworth Adventist School moved to Hoover and was located within the new building of Birmingham First SDA church. Kindergarten and PreK curriculum began to be offered in 1994 and high school in 2002. The present location at 2113 Old Rocky Ridge Road, Hoover, Alabama, was purchased, remodeled, and opened in 2006. At that time the school’s name was officially changed to Hoover Christian School. The name and location might have changed, but the desire and ability to offer exceptional Christian education remains core to who we are. This history of our school is only a small amount of time compared to that of the Seventh-day Adventist education system. As far back as the 1870s, the Adventist church realized a need for a holistic approach to education. This education system and approach is the largest Protestant education system in the world.